With the field of neuroimmunology expanding year on year, we wanted to take a deeper look at some of the recent milestones in this area and explore where the field could go next. Over this 2-month Spotlight, we’ll bring together neuroimmunology news, articles from our partnered journals as well as MEDLINE-indexed journal Immunotherapy, plus exclusive interviews and opinions from leaders in the field. We’ll look at the history of neuroimmunology, explore new uses for the immune system in targeting nervous system cancers, multiple sclerosis and neurodegenerative disease, and look ahead at the future of this ever-expanding field.
Below you can find all the content associated with this Spotlight – we’ll be adding to it frequently, so be sure to keep checking back. You can also follow the latest Spotlight content by searching #NCneuroimmunology on Twitter and following us at @neuro_central.
Exclusive interviews, reviews and opinions
- David Vigerust: trauma, neuroinflammation and oncogenesis
- Journal Watch: Biomarkers of the innate immune system predict progression to Alzheimer’s disease
- Novel vaccines for glioblastoma: clinical update and perspective
- Elucidating the link between the modifiable risk factors of Alzheimer’s disease and neuroinflammation
- HLA genes as modifiers of response to IFN-β-1a therapy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
- Neuroinflammation: a precursor and promoter of oncogenesis
- Adoptive immunotherapy for the treatment of glioblastoma: progress and possibilities
Recent neuroimmunology headlines
- Newly identified serum biomarker could improve diagnosis of neuroinflammation
- Alzheimer’s antibody trial: is a new treatment in sight?
- Novel immunotherapy successful in reducing tumor size in high-risk neuroblastoma patients
- Amyloid plaques may be key players in the immune system
- PD-1 blockers could promote immune response in Alzheimer’s disease
- Successful autoantigen–coupling in mouse model may aid in the treatment of multiple sclerosis